Monday, August 10, 2009

Movie vs. Book- Charlotte's Web



One of my favorite classic books of all time is Charlottes’ Web written by E.B White. I have read this book numerous times and it never seems to get old. I’ve also see the both films, the animation one and the newer version….more real life! I must say that I enjoyed the animation one more. I felt that the newer version is a bit cheesy.
The movie and the book have commonalities and differences. Both the book and the newer movie have the same storyline. They both have animals that talk throughout. Both have the theme that miracles can happen in life. Differences include that the characters are more “real” in the movie. Another difference in the movie is that Fern’s mother consults a doctor because her daughter talks to animals and in the book her mother doesn’t. In the movie, Fern is disrespectful to her parents in a couple of scenes and I don’t recall her being rude or disrespectful in the book.
For those of you who have never read this book (which I doubt), it’s a must. It is a sweet story that makes you cry, laugh and warms your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment