Thursday, July 23, 2009

Caldecott Honor #5 Olivia


Olivia is another favorite story of mine. Again, Dr. Petty introduced this book to me. She has great taste in books.) I just love Olivia's personality...she's a quirky little pig who is into everything....she imaginative and rambunctious acting as a typical young child. Throughout the story, Olivia stays entertained by dealing with her brother, building sand castles, trying to talk her way out of a nap, drawing on walls, and reading bedtime stories.


Everytime that I read this story, I laugh out loud thinking about the day that my 11 month old tries the same behaviors as Olivia. I know that she will so I'll have to reread the story and try to remember that the behaviors are typical. I feel this book can be enjoyed by everyone....a great family reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment